Are you looking to gain experience in science communication and event management?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self- motivated individual with excellent communication and the ability to assist with public engagement.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a wide range of skills including event management, science communication and public engagement. There is some scope for refining the tasks undertaken according to the experience and skills the intern would like to develop.
The Intern will work directly with the public engagement officers of the British Ecological Society and the Biochemical Society and on behalf of the Societies of Charles Darwin House to deliver a two day event centred on International Coffee Day. Key tasks will include
- Lead on developing a programme of activities
- Lead on building relationships with local food and drink providers
- With support, develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan to the local community and further afield
- Collaborate across the Societies of Charles Darwin House
- Represent Charles Darwin House at external meetings where appropriate
- Assist with administrative tasks including managing the departmental social media and online presence in the build up to the event
Please download full details about the role and international coffee day
Please submit your CV, covering letter via email to Tumi Ladele
Further details about the role can be obtained from the External Affairs Manager, Karen Devine